Cooking time: 20-25 mins
Makes 12 cupcakes
1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
a pinch of salt
1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 and 1/2 cup butter (divided)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 large eggs
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1 cup of finely chopped pineapple
12 tbsp of light brown sugar
1/2 cup pineapple juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degree centigrade.
- Sieve together all purpose flour, baking powder and salt.
- In other bowl, melt 3/4 cup butter to room temperature, add oil and sugar. Mix well.
- To this bowl add whipped eggs 1 at a time, mix it and also add vanilla extract.
- Then add the flour mix to this spoon by spoon, keep on mixing while doing this.
- Add pineapple juice and mix again.
- Grease 12 cup cupcake tray with butter. Add 1/2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp brown sugar to each cups.
- Place cherry at the center and add pineapple chunks to surround the cherry
- pour the cake mixture to this till its 2/3rd filled.
- Bake for 20-25 mins till the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool to room temperature. Decorate with icing.
- Always set timer for 20 mins, and then see if its done. If toothpick does not come out clean, bake for 5 more mins.
- You can add more sugar if you are a sweet person.
- Mixing butter and oil actually gives a very good taste and texture
- Using this recipe I prepared 6 pineapple cupcakes and 6 pineapple upside down cake.
Here's the recipe for Pineapple Cupcakes.